This fish peppersoup recipe is simple and always makes a hearty evening meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 people
1. Wash fish in water with a squeeze of lemon. Cut into chunks. Drain and rub with some salt then set aside.
2. In a large pot, fry the chopped tomatoes in oil for about 2 minutes, then add 1 litre of water and bring to the boil. Add the pepper soup mix, pepper soup pods, scent leaves and seasoning cubes. Stir and leave to boil (under moderate heat) for 10 minutes to allow spices to infuse. Turn off heat, allow to stand for 5 minutes and sieve off the sediments (the spices).
3. Return to the stove and continue to cook under low heat. Add the groundnut paste and stir in. Add fish, cover and simmer for 5 minutes adding some hot water to adjust consistency. Add salt to taste. Add a handful of chopped basil. Stir and simmer for 2-5 minutes or until fish is cooked. Serve hot.
1. - Yam, Dodo & Chicken Medley
2. - Mixed Roast Vegetables
3. - Jollof Stir Fry
4. - Bean Fritter Burger
5. - Akara & Prawns
6. - Green Pepper Sauce with Rice
7. - Baked Tilapia
8. - Spicy Chicken Salad