This spicy chicken salad is a fusion of the West African inspired rich pepper sauce with a selection of fresh salad vegetables.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time (for the sauce): 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
1. Blend tomatoes, peppers, chilli, ginger, garlic and one onion. Dice the second onion. Heat up the oil in a large sauce pan and add the diced onion. Allow to brown slightly and add the blended peppers. Stir well. Then add the stock.
2. Cook under high heat for about 5 minutes then reduce the heat and simmer to allow the sauce reduce to your preferred consistency. Add salt to taste. Allow the sauce to cool down to room temperature.
3. Transfer the chicken pieces into a bowl and add some spicy pepper sauce a little at a time until you reach your preferred proportions. Mix the sauce into the chicken pieces to ensure an even distribution.
4. Serve the peppered chicken pieces on a bed of salad vegetables and leaves.
1. - Yam, Dodo & Chicken Medley
2. - Mixed Roast Vegetables
3. - Jollof Stir Fry
4. - Bean Fritter Burger
5. - Akara & Prawns
6. - Green Pepper Sauce with Rice
7. - Baked Tilapia
8. - Spicy Chicken Salad