Stick meat derives its name from the stick upon which meat and vegetable pieces are skewered. It makes a delicious snack or starter, and can also be served with rice or yam dishes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Marinating Time: 3 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10 sticks
1. Place turkey pieces in a large pot. Add some thyme and crumbled seasoning cube. Crush and add garlic and salt. Work spices into the meat. Marinate for 1 hour. Then boil for 3-6 minutes. Leave turkey pieces in juice for another hour or two. Drain and deep fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and well cooked. Place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
2. Cut onion and peppers into large square pieces in proportion with fried turkey pieces. Sprinkle a pinch of salt or seasoning salt on the vegetable pieces.
3. Skewer turkey pieces, peppers, onions and tomatoes alternately. Brush on some oil and grill lightly before serve.
1. - Yam, Dodo & Chicken Medley
2. - Mixed Roast Vegetables
3. - Jollof Stir Fry
4. - Bean Fritter Burger
5. - Akara & Prawns
6. - Green Pepper Sauce with Rice
7. - Baked Tilapia
8. - Spicy Chicken Salad