This medley of yam, plantain and meat pieces provides a light and fun way to enjoy the combined tastes and flavours of the different individual ingredients. Add any other pieces of meat, fish or vegetable of choice for an even more exciting taste!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1. Peel plantain and dice into small pieces. Also dice yam into pieces of same size as the plantain. In the same bowl, toss yam and plantain pieces with some salt and pepper and some suya spice. Set aside.
2. Then also chop chicken into small pieces. Dust with some plain flour, salt, pepper and suya spice. Toss to evenly distribute the spices.
3. Deep fry the yam and plantain for about 3-5 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces). Transfer onto a kitchen towel to drain excess oil. Also deep fry the chicken pieces. Drain excess oil. Serve all on a plate and garnish with some salad leaves and tomatoes. To give this dish the extra flavour, serve also with some pepper sauce.
1. - Yam, Dodo & Chicken Medley
2. - Mixed Roast Vegetables
3. - Jollof Stir Fry
4. - Bean Fritter Burger
5. - Akara & Prawns
6. - Green Pepper Sauce with Rice
7. - Baked Tilapia
8. - Spicy Chicken Salad